WWE 2K22 is right around the corner, as its release date is at March 22, 2022. 2k after a massive disaster back in 2020, which is why we didn’t get WWE 2k21. WWE fans are indeed are anticipating a vast improvement to its predecessors. So what do we know so far? Well, thanks to SummerSlam 2021, we see the game is expected to release in March 2022, ditching the yearly release for good.
What we know so far
- it’ll feature new controls
- The graphics are massively upgraded
- The game also uses new facial scanning technology.
- 2k claimed to scan almost 85% of the in-game roster
- 2k will include more than 3000 animations
- A new article from Mike Straw of Sports Gamers Online claims his source has told him GM Mode is returning in WWE 2K22. Source
What fans want from a WWE game
- Bring back the previous controls before WWE 2K20, as it’s annoying how 2K made the controls in WWE 2K20.
- A more detailed and interactive universe mode where players can customize various elements, like a more in-depth rivalry system where players can choose a three-way rivalry.
- Story creator = Players should be able to make various cutscenes and add it post or prior to matches would surely add a lot of immersion into WWE 2K22.
- Another great addition which 2k for some reason abandoned from WWE games is The Road To Wrestlemania, where there should be a custom story mode similar to WWE 12.
- They should bring back the OG matches that used to take place back in the attitude era or Aggression era matches like Lumberjack, inferno, and casket, and I quit match and special referee match.
- WWE should feature the most extensive roster and renowned legends like Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, and many more.
- WWE should allow players to create their custom finishing moves and will enable them to upload custom theme songs which will allow them to utilize the community creation much more effectively.
These elements could really make an immersive wrestling game and other features like backstage arenas and other tag matches. so these elements are already present in WWE 2k games which is why I didn’t include them in this article.